Yes, there are natural cures for diabetes. Here is what you need to know about reversing type 2 diabetes and minimizing the complications from type 1 diabetes.
Most physicians will tell you there is no cure for diabetes mellitus. However, there are a growing number of doctors and health practitioners that are successfully reversing or eliminating diabetes in their patients.
Type 1 diabetes is a disease in which the pancreas does not produce the needed amount of insulin for the body. Type 2 diabetes is a disease where the body’s ability to respond to the hormone insulin is impaired, resulting in high blood sugar levels. Insulin is a hormone that naturally turns sugar into energy in your body.
A natural cure for diabetes means making significant changes to your diet and lifestyle. In a nutshell, to reverse diabetes in type 2 diabetics or to minimize the complications of diabetes in type 1 diabetics you should:
• Switch to a Ketogenic or Low Carb Diet
• Exercise 3-4 times a week (either light cardio like walking or weight bearing exercise)
• Get at least 8 hours of sleep
• Drink at least 8 glasses of filtered or spring water a day
The above sounds fairly simple and it is once you have been doing it for a few months. You need to be aware going in that this diet/lifestyle must be followed throughout your life in order to prevent the return of diabetes and diabetes complications.
If you are type 2 diabetic, your body has basically told you that you can’t handle the amount of carbs present in the standard American diet (or whatever diet you were eating). Returning to that diet will overwhelm your body again eventually. However, many people find that while they need to seriously restrict carbohydrates early on, they can usually start eating more over time as their body recovers. Still, it is unlikely you will ever be able to eat more than 50-100 grams of carbohydrates again in a day. Somewhere between 50 and 100 is the most the people can tolerate without the symptoms of diabetes reappearing. Just as you can have a natural cure for diabetes, you can also have a natural return of diabetes…
Many doctors will prescribe medications to help you control the symptoms of diabetes. Before you begin a treatment with medication, you should discuss with your doctor the side effects of the medication, as well as any interactions with other drugs or food. For those who do not wish to risk the side effects of medication, there are some popular whole food supplements that help your body heal and are very effective when combined with the diet and lifestyle changes outlined above.
• Ginseng - has been shown to help control blood sugar levels
• Indian Kino - this herb helps to regenerate beta cells
• Chromium - helps the body's cells properly respond to insulin
• Indian Gooseberry - helps to stimulate the pancreas causing the pancreas to produce more insulin
• Magnesium - can help regulate blood sugar levels. Magnesium can be found naturally in foods such as green leafy vegetables, whole grains, nuts, and seeds. Low magnesium levels can worsen the symptoms of diabetes.
• Bitter melon - helps to increase the number of beta cells, the cells that produce insulin.
• Zinc - helps in the production and storage of insulin. Zinc can be found naturally in foods such as oysters, ginger root, pecans, egg yolk, beef liver, sardines, almonds, and chicken.
• Gymnema Sylvestre - helps the pancreas to produce insulin and help insulin to lower blood sugar levels. Gymnema also reduces sugar cravings which can be helpful if you have an overgrowth of yeast in your gut.
We hope we have encouraged you to consider natural cures for diabetes. The complications of diabetes are awful. Since the disease is brought on by diet and lifestyle, it makes sense that it can be reversed with the same… especially if you catch it early enough.